Research at Union
There are many research opportunities available for Union biology majors.
Check out Union Undergraduate Research website for more detailed information on how to get involved.
- Summer Fellowship Requirements
- Available Summer Fellowships
- Summer Research Information There are 4, 6, and 8-week fellowships available
- Summer Research Applications
Friends of Recreation, Conservation and Environmental Stewardship (FORCES)
Engage New York State college students to simultaneously improve OPRHP resources and enrich student academic, recreational and career opportunities.
Primary Program Goals
- Harness student expertise, volunteer and service efforts to create meaningful park and natural resource improvement projects and to enhance patron experience.
- Support and nurture the interest of college students in environmental conservation, recreation, and historic preservation activities and careers.
- Increase awareness of and engagement with New York State parks among college students and college communities.
- Gain experience in the field of your choice
- Make connections with New York State Park employees
- Enhance your resume with notable skills and experience
- Try a variety of projects and fields to find out what you like
- Fill internship or volunteer requirements while doing something you love
- Help protect the beauty and biodiversity of New York State Parks by acquiring and sharing unique knowledge and skills
For current project opportunities, click here.
Community Health, Education, and Agriculture Gap Year Fellowship Opportunities
Winter Deadline: February 23rd
Project Horseshoe Farm is a community health nonprofit organization with locations in rural Alabama and a newly established site in Pomona, California. We believe that you may be interested in the unique hands-on experience in nonprofit management, education, and community-based healthcare that our organization provides.
We are offering three different 13-month gap-year fellowship programs for recent college graduates: a Farming, Health, and Nutrition track and two Community Health tracks, the original in rural Alabama and a new location in Pomona, California. Alumni have expressed how transformative their Fellowship experience was and have gone on to top medical schools, graduate programs, and nonprofit organizations across the U.S.
The final 2020-2021 Fellowship application deadline is February 23rd. The application can be found here, and you can also learn more about the work we are doing on our website. As we continue to grow, we would appreciate your promotion of our unique programs to your students.
Graduate Programs and Related Opportunities
January 31st 2020: Open House for M.S. Applied Biology at Salisbury University
February 6th 2020: STEM/ Healthcare Expo, The Armory at Sage
Thursday February 6, 2019 (Snowdate: Thursday, February 14th)
11:30 am-2:30 pm
The Armory at Sage (130 New Scotland Ave., Albany, NY)
View a list of participating employers and graduate schools attached!
Eight Colleges in New York's Capital Region, as an initiative of the Capital Region Career Consortium (CRCC), are working together to host the second annual STEM/Healthcare Connect Job, Internship, and Graduate School Expo. See attached list of employers and graduate schools.
* Transportation provided by Union College, two departure/ return times offered
Departs Becker Career Center at 10:45am and 12:45pm
Departs The Armory at Sage at 11:50am and 2:30pm
Interested students must register in Handshake and email Carli Aragosa, firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 2nd stating your interest in the fair and if you will need Union College transportation.
If you need transportation, you MUST state what time you will be taking the bus from Becker Career Center (10:45am or 12:45pm)
Questions? Email Carli Aragosa, email@example.com
Attendees will be entered to win a $250 Amazon gift card sponsored by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals