Research at Union
There are many research opportunities available for Union biology majors.
Check out Union Undergraduate Research website for more detailed information on how to get involved.
- Summer Fellowship Requirements
- Available Summer Fellowships
- Summer Research Information There are 4, 6, and 8-week fellowships available
- Summer Research Applications
**Deadline for Student summer applications: 11 p.m, Thursday, February 14, 2019
(Deadline for faculty letters of support: 11 p.m. Friday, February 15, 2019)**
Off campus research opportunities:
Friends of Recreation, Conservation and Environmental Stewardship (FORCES)
Engage New York State college students to simultaneously improve OPRHP resources and enrich student academic, recreational and career opportunities.
Primary Program Goals
- Harness student expertise, volunteer and service efforts to create meaningful park and natural resource improvement projects and to enhance patron experience.
- Support and nurture the interest of college students in environmental conservation, recreation, and historic preservation activities and careers.
- Increase awareness of and engagement with New York State parks among college students and college communities.
- Gain experience in the field of your choice
- Make connections with New York State Park employees
- Enhance your resume with notable skills and experience
- Try a variety of projects and fields to find out what you like
- Fill internship or volunteer requirements while doing something you love
- Help protect the beauty and biodiversity of New York State Parks by acquiring and sharing unique knowledge and skills
For current project opportunities, click here.