2018/2019 Biology Seminars
Biology seminars are normally held in Olin 115 on Thursdays, from 12:50 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
A current listing of seminars scheduled for the school year, 2018 -2019, can be found below.
2019 Spring Term:
Biology seminar dates, speakers and titles are subject to change. Please check back for weekly updates.
- Thursday, April 4, 2019: Dr. Jesse Brunner, Washington State University, "Dimensions of Ranavirus Infections: looking within the cold-blooded hosts of these lethal viruses."
- Thursday, April 11, 2019: Dr. Joshua Drew, Columbia University and American Museum of Natural History. “The Conservation of Tropical Fish: Examples from Biogeography, Ecotourism, and Community-Based Management”
- April 25, 2019: Dr. Erica Crespi, Vassar College, “How a hormone grows up: "Ontogeny of leptin functions in amphibians”
- Thursday, May 9, 2019: STEINMETZ WEEK (no seminar)
- Thursday, May 23, 2019: Dr. Gregory Byrnes, Associate Professor of Biology, Siena College, "Biomechanical insights into flexible wings from a gliding mammal." (Co-hosted with Physics)
- Wednesday, May 29, 2019: Michael Levin, Professor, Director of Center for Regenerative and Developmental Biology and Director of the Allen Discovery Center, Tufts University. (Co-hosted with Computer Science)