Culture & Diversity
A Union of differences
In today's increasingly interconnected world, developing cultural competency and embracing differences is essential to success.
At Union, you'll be encouraged to challenge yourself and your way of thinking. In fact, interacting with students, faculty members and others from a variety of backgrounds is one of the most important dimensions of your college experience. These influences will help you grow and expand. Ethnic and cultural diversity enrich our student life, academic programs and campus activities. You'll also experience diversity based on race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and national origin.
Our diverse Union
- 2,200 full-time undergraduates from 37 states and territories and 29 countries
- 47% women and 53% men (overall)
- 19% of students identify themselves as members of a multicultural group
- 7% international students
- Five diversity-focused Theme Houses
- 30 student-run cultural, gender and spiritual clubs and groups
- First-generation students in the first year class: 16%
- 4.5-star rating out of 5: Campus climates with LGBTQ-friendly programs, policies and practices (according to the Campus Climate Index study conducted by Campus Pride)