Seeing the World Through New Eyes
In today's increasingly interconnected world, developing cultural competency and embracing differences is essential to success.
At Union, you'll be encouraged to challenge yourself and your way of thinking. In fact, interacting with students, faculty members and others from a variety of backgrounds is one of the most important dimensions of your college experience. These influences will help you grow and expand. Ethnic and cultural diversity enrich our student life, academic programs and campus activities. You'll also experience diversity based on race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and national origin.
Our Diverse Union
- 2,183 full-time undergraduates from 40 states and U.S. territories and 40 countries
- 46% women, 54% men (overall)
- 19% of students identify themselves as members of a multicultural group
- 6% international students
- Five diversity-focused Theme Houses
- 30 student-run cultural, gender and spiritual clubs and groups
- 4.5-star rating out of 5: Campus climates with LGBTQ-friendly programs, policies and practices (according to the Campus Climate Index study conducted by Campus Pride)