Workshops and outreach presentation
Our counseling staff and peer educators offer a variety of workshops and outreach presentations. We frequently collaborate with Residential Life, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Athletics, Faculty and many other offices and departments to provide our students vital education beyond the classroom.
Some examples of outreach topics include:
- Suicide awareness
- Sexual health
- LGBTQ-related issues
- Sexual assault response and prevention
- Bystander intervention
- Stress management
- Overcoming procrastination
- Study skills
- Team building
- Sport psychology
- Eating disorders and body image
- Weight management
- Substance use and abuse
- Career issues
Eppler-Wolff on-campus services and education focuses on:
- Respect for the Union College community by minimizing the impact of alcohol and other drug use upon others.
- Care for one’s own health and well-being
- Prevention of harm and encouraging students to seek assistance and support for self or others
The Eppler-Wolff Counseling Center’s Health Promotion/Education program are guided by the following principles:
- Empowering campus communities to help themselves
- Recognizing the unique value and needs of Union’s diverse cultures and sub-populations
- Producing and disseminating data to inform and evaluate campus health status, strategies and programs
- Partnering and collaborating with a variety of community stakeholders to achieve coordinated response to campus health issues
- Working with students, faculty, and staff to develop and sustain prevention programming, provide early intervention services, and build relationships to address community health issues.
We also collaborate with members of Schenectady and surrounding area agencies and participate in regional coalitions to address broader college health needs. Below are a list of community resources that students may utilize if they choose to address issues off campus.
To request a workshop or outreach presentation (or to suggest a new outreach topic) please call (518) 388-6161 or contact Amanda Tommell-Sandy directly at email@example.com. In order to best meet your needs, we ask for a two week notice to schedule and plan each event.