The Counseling Center supports the mission of Union College by encouraging the intellectual, emotional, and social development of students by providing comprehensive mental health services focused on personal growth and decision making, promoting healthy lifestyle choices, relationship-building, and problem resolution. We are committed to supporting diversity, social justice, and treating all members of the Union community with respect, recognizing a special duty to those of underrepresented and historically marginalized groups. The counseling center is located on the second floor of the Wicker Wellness Center.
Walk-In Therapy Services
- Monday-Friday from 1-4 p.m - solution-focused walk-in appointments are available.
- You are welcome to call ahead if you would like to cut down on possible wait time.
- If you do not have a scheduled appointment, please check in with one of the secretaries upon arrival.
- If you are an established client, please note you will be seeing the on-call clinician who will likely not be your regular clinician.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us at (518) 388-6161.
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Couples counseling
- Drug/alcohol and health education
- Coping skills education
- Consultation for students, staff and faculty on how to recognize and respond to students who may be at serious risk
- Consultation/individual counseling for any undergraduate student who is participating in a conduct hearing on campus
You can find Jenna, Murphy and Eve at the Wicker Wellness Center on Mondays - Fridays. They love it when visitors come to play with them and give them attention!
Psychiatric Medication Management
We collaborate with Health Services in order to provide medication management to students.
- A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner from Wicker Health Services is available on Monday and Thursday afternoons to provide medication management.
- Students being treated for ADHD who are requesting to have Health Services collaborate with their home prescriber are required to have a current letter of testimony from that provider. The form can be accessed here. This document must be completed and returned to the Wicker Wellness Center before we can assume prescribing responsibility. The standard of practice that we follow is to work collaboratively with the prescribing provider in order to bridge the prescribing responsibilities for students while they are at school.
**A No-Show fee of $30 for an intake or follow-up visit will be billed to students' tuition for any appointment not canceled at least 24 hours in advance (due to high demand of services).**
Do you need a breather from the fast pace of everyday life? Perhaps you need a quiet spot for meditation, reflection, or just to relax. If so, call us to reserve our relaxation room.
- Additional Wellness Resources
After Hours Crisis
- During the academic year, when the residence halls are open, a staff member is available evenings and weekends as the counselor-on-call to provide crisis support.
- Please call your R.A., R.D. or contact campus safety (518) 388-6911 to access these services.
- Off Campus Medical Emergency Resources
Services Not Provided
Due to resources and scope of practice issues, the following are services not provided by the counseling center.