Environmental Health and Safety

Injuries and Incidents

Injured At Work? Report It!

Union College takes employee safety seriously. While we hope that everyone stays safe at all times, sometimes incidents happen, and when they do, employees need to report them to the proper authorities on campus.

The most common incidents that occur are those related to tripping and falling, indoors and out. When an incident does happen, be sure to report it to Campus Safety (518) 388-6911 – within 24 hours – and always let your supervisor know, even if you think you don't require medical attention. It often happens that medical attention isn't needed until well after an incident takes place, and filing claims is more difficult if there is no corresponding incident report.

It is also important that a near miss is reported promptly so corrective actions can be taken. A near miss is an event that could have led to an injury or illness.

Resource Links

Supervisor Incident Investigation Report (SIIR)