Visit the CITI Program website.
Start by clicking the “Register” button located next to the blue “Log In” button in the top-right corner of the main homepage.
To complete registration, following these steps:
- Step 1:
- Enter "Union College (Schenectady, NY) into the Select Your Organization Affiliation field
- Select the check box to affirm you are an affiliate of Union College (Schenectady, NY)
- Continue by clicking the "Continue To Create Your CITI Program Username/Password" button
- Step 2:
- Fill in the Personal Information fields. All required fields are marked with an asterisk
- Click the "Continue to Step 3" button
- Step 3:
- Enter a username of your choosing. The system will notify you if your selected username is taken
- Enter and verify your password
- Select a security question and enter the answer
- Click the "Continue to Step 4" button
- Step 4:
- Enter your country of residence
- Select your answer to the additional contact request
- Click the "Continue to Step 5" button
- Step 5:
- Select "No" to the continuing education credit question
- Click the "Continue to Step 6" button
- Step 6:
- Complete the required fields, as marked with an asterisk. These fields include your language preference, institutional email address, verification of this address, and your department (major)
- Select your role in research. Students should select "Student Research - Undergraduate"
- Click the "Continue to Step 7" button
- Step 7:
- Go to the Conflicts of Interest (COI)" section and select "Yes" to enroll in the course
- Click the "Complete Registration" button at the bottom of the page
- CITI - Learner Registration
- Click the "Finalize Registration" button
Once you are logged in, you can access the courses you have enrolled in by selecting the "View Courses" button.
The COI course you have enrolled in will appear under the Courses Ready to Begin header. Click the "Start Now" button to begin the course.
Trainees are required to complete all four modules available:
- Financial Conflicts of Interest: Overview, Investigator Responsibilities, and COI Rules
- Institutional Responsibilities as They Affect Investigators
- Conflicts of Commitment and Conscience
- Institutional Conflicts of Interest
Once the course is completed, it will appear under the header Completed Courses at the bottom of the course page. From here, you can click the "View -- Print -- Share Record" button. Select the View/Print under the Completion Report header. Save a copy of the report that is generated and send it to the Director of Sponsored Programs.