International Advising

Staying in Status

You are responsible for maintaining a valid immigration status while you are a student at Union College.

Within 15 days after your first arrival at Union, whether it's your first time in the U.S. or you are transferring from another U.S. institution, you are required by law to report to the International Advising office, Reamer Campus Center 303, and complete the on-line check-in questionnaire (link below) to register for the term in SEVIS.

Once you have checked in, our office can assist you with what's required to stay in status. You will be asked to sign the appropriate document, acknowledging an understanding of your responsibilities.

F-1 & J-1 Immigration Responsibilities