Welcome to Schenectady and Union College! Our office staff, located in Reamer Campus Center, Room 303, is here to help you make the best choices while on campus, whether it be decisions about working or guiding you through a change in your immigration status. We are also concerned with your personal welfare and will assist you with any problems that may arise. All personal matters, except discipline cases, are treated as completely confidential. You have responsibilities during your stay at the College, as outlined below:
- Staying in Status: How to maintain your immigration status
- Check-in Here with the International Advising Office the beginning of each new term
- Travel: How to prepare for travels within the U.S. and abroad
- Social Security (SSN): When to apply and how to obtain services without an SSN
- Employment: How to get a job
- U.S. taxes: How to file your taxes with the IRS
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): Permit, License, non-driver state ID.
- Health insurance: Union College requires all international students to enroll in a U.S. based Health Insurance plan that meets all the requirements recommended by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. All incoming International students will be automatically enrolled in UnitedHealthcare.
Additional information on the U.S. Healthcare System and Mental Health Awareness
Our staff can provide answers to your immigration questions and prepare documents, such as I-20’s, DS-2019’s, Certificates of Enrollment, Employment Authorization applications, Extensions of Stay, Changes of Status, Replacement of Lost Forms and Letters of Invitation for graduation ceremonies.