Whether you’re an international student enrolled in an exchange program or admitted to Union's full-time undergraduate program, there are many preparations to make before you arrive on campus.
- Apply for your I-20 here: Log in using your Union username and password and fil…
- First Year Important Dates and Deadlines
- Health Insurance: All international students are automatically enrolled in National Guardian Life.
- How to navigate the U.S. Healthcare System: How to prepare medically before arr…
- Making travel plans: How to get to Schenectady, NY
- Take the on-line Pre-Arrival Orientation course. Log in with your Union user na…
- Visa and immigration: How to apply for your visa.
Although your other responsibilities closely align with those of the U.S. students, please take note:
All first year students including international students will participate in First Year Orientation prior to the start of the school year. All incoming international and exchange students must also attend a mandatory International orientation that takes place a few days before the general First Year Orientation.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the International Student Orientation will be held September 4-6. You must arrive on campus on either Monday, September 2 or Tuesday, September 3. First year students who have signed up for the Outdoor, Community Service, or Leadership pre-orientations will still be able to attend part of the International Orientation.
Be sure to visit the Wicker Wellness Center to review and complete all of your health form requirements.
Union's central mailroom is located in the Reamer Campus Center, first floor. The mailroom will supply your mailbox number and access codes. Your mailbox can be used for first-class mail and packages.