- 1. Muhammad Azeem, Margaret Brennan Fournet and Olivia A. Attallah, Ultrafast 99% Polyethylene terephthalate depolymerization into value added monomers using sequential glycolysis-hydrolysis under microwave irradiation Published: Jul 2022 in Arabian Journal of Chemistry DOI: 10.1016/J.ARABJC.2022.103903
- 2. Olivia A. Attallah, Muhammad Azeem, Efstratios Nikolaivits, Evangelos Topakas and Margaret Brennan Fournet, Progressing Ultragreen, Energy-Efficient Biobased Depolymerization of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) via Microwave-Assisted Green Deep Eutectic Solvent and Enzymatic Treatment Published: Jan 2022 in Polymers DOI: 10.3390/POLYM14010109
- 3. Olivia A. Attallah, Arno Jansen, Muhammad Azeem, Margaret and Brennan Fournet, Fast, High Monomer Yield from Post-consumer Polyethylene Terephthalate via Combined Microwave and Deep Eutectic Solvent Hydrolytic Depolymerization Published: Dec 2021 in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering DOI: 10.1021/ACSSUSCHEMENG.1C07159
- 4. Olivia A. Attallah, Pablo Ferrero Aguar, Ivana Aleksic, Jasmina Nikodinovic-Runic, Muhammad Azeem and Margaret Bernnan Fournet, Rendering Bio-inert Low-Density Polyethylene Amenable for Biodegradation via Fast High Throughput Reactive Extrusion Assisted Oxidation Published: Feb 2022 in Journal of Polymers and the Environment DOI: 10.1007/S10924-022-02400-W
- 5. Olivia A. Attallah, Moneira M. Aboul Wafa, Medhat A. Al-Ghobashy, Marianne Nebsen, Hany H. Monir, Adsorptive removal of pesticides from aqueous solutions using chitosan/gelatin polymeric composite: Process monitoring and optimization, International journal of environmental science and technology, 2021.
- 6. Olivia A. Attallah, Marija Mojicevic, Eduardo L. Garcia, Muhammad Azeem, Yuanyuan Chen, Shumayl Asmawi, and Margaret Brenan Fournet, Macro and Micro Routes to High Performance Bioplastics: Bioplastic Biodegradability and Mechanical and Barrier Properties Published: Jul 2021 in Polymers DOI: 10.3390/POLYM13132155
- 7. EL Garcia, OA Attallah, M Mojicevic, DM Devine, M Brennan Fournet , Antimicrobial Active Bioplastics Using Triangular Silver Nanoplate Integrated Polycaprolactone and Polylactic Acid Films Published: Mar 2021 in Materials DOI: 10.3390/MA14051132
- 8. OA Attallah, W Mamdouh, Development and optimization of pectin/chitosan magnetic sponge for efficient cationic dyes removal using Box–Behnken design, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 2020, 18 (1), 131-140
- 9. AAF Hetta, OA Attallah, W Mamdouh, Quality evaluation of oil recovered from Euthynnus affinis (Kawakawa) fish using ecofriendly chitosan/oil‐non‐centrifuged sequential purification technique, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation (2020), 45 (1), e15099
- 10. OA Attallah, M Rabee, A pectin/chitosan/zinc oxide nanocomposite for adsorption/photocatalytic remediation of carbamazepine in water samples, RSC Advances (2020), 10 (67), 40697-40708
- 11. O.A. Attallah, A. Shetta, F. Elshishiny, W. Mamdouh, Essential oil loaded pectin/chitosan nanoparticles preparation and optimization: via Box-Behnken design against MCF-7 breast cancer cell lines, RSC Adv. 10 (2020) 8703–8708. doi:10.1039/c9ra10204c.
- 12. Attallah, O.A., Al-Ghobashy, M.A., Ayoub, A.T., and Nebsen, M., Magnetic molecularly imprinted polymer nanoparticles for simultaneous extraction and determination of 6-mercaptopurine and its active metabolite thioguanine in human plasma Published: Aug 2018 in Journal of Chromatography A DOI: 10.1016/J.CHROMA.2018.05.038
- 13. Attallah, O.A., Al-Ghobashy, M.A., Ayoub, A.T., Tuszynski, J.A. and Nebsen, M. (2018) ‘Computer-aided design of magnetic molecularly imprinted polymer nanoparticles for solid-phase extraction and determination of levetiracetam in human plasma.’ RSC Advances, 8(26) pp. 14280–14292.
- 14. Attallah, Olivia A., Al-Ghobashy, Medhat A., Nebsen, Marianne, El-Kholy, Rasha and Salem, Maissa Y. (2018) ‘Assessment of pectin-coated magnetite nanoparticles in low-energy water desalination applications.’ Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 25(14).
- 15. Attallah, Olivia A., Al-Ghobashy, Medhat A., Nebsen, Marianne and Salem, Maissa Y., Adsorptive Removal of Fluoroquinolones from Water by Pectin-Functionalized Magnetic Nanoparticles: Process Optimization Using a Spectrofluorimetric Assay Published: Jan 2017 in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering DOI: 10.1021/ACSSUSCHEMENG.6B01003
- 16. Attallah, Olivia A., Al-Ghobashy, Medhat A., Nebsen, Marianne and Salem, Maissa Y., Removal of cationic and anionic dyes from aqueous solution with magnetite/ pectin and magnetite/silica/pectin hybrid nanocomposites: kinetic, isotherm and mechanism analysis Published: 2016 in RSC Advances DOI: 10.1039/C5RA23452
Prof. Soliman's current research involves development of analytical assays, wastewater treatment using nanocomposites and chemical recycling of plastics.
CHM 101 Introductory Chemistry I
Publications & Recent Funding