Conduct Code violations can be reported in any one of the following ways:
- By Residential Life staff;
- By Campus Safety staff; or
- By any other member of the College community submitting an account of an incident to the College.
Reports of alleged violations must be prepared in writing and directed to the Dean of Students. Reports of alleged violations of the Sexual Misconduct Policy or Hazing Policy may be done so anonymously by use of a hotline (see the Sexual Misconduct Policy and Hazing Policy). Members of the College community are encouraged to report incidents as soon after their occurrence as possible, as the passage of time will impede efforts to investigate allegations and gather evidence.
The Dean of Students, or designee, shall review all incident reports prepared by College officials in consultation with staff to address whether the student or student organization will be charged with engaging in a Conduct Code violation and/or if the matter can be disposed of through an Administrative Review. If the matter cannot be resolved in an Administrative Review, the Dean of Students or designee will decide which Judicial Body process shall be used to resolve the matter.
The Dean of Students or designee may refer matters to one of the following judicial body processes:
- Administrative Review;
- Conduct Conference (for organizations only, not individual students);
- Hearing by the Judicial Hearing Board, the Student Conduct Board, the Fraternity and Sorority Conduct Board, or the Administrative Board;
- The Sexual Misconduct Adjudication Process via the Title IX Coordinator.