The Persistence Fund provides students with financial support for unforeseen circumstances that affect their ability to stay at Union and be successful. By covering one-time emergency expenses, the fund ensures that students are able to continue to focus on their academic pursuits during a period of unanticipated personal difficulty or hardship. Students may apply for funds when they are experiencing a financial barrier or obstacle and have exhausted all other resources. The needs must be urgent, necessary and unexpected, and students will not be asked to repay the funds.
The Persistence Fund does not cover tuition and fee related expenses.
Examples of expenses covered by the Persistence Fund include:
- emergency medical expenses, prescription eyeglasses or dental work
- emergency food or transportation needs
- travel expenses due to serious illness or death in the immediate family
- homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- safety needs, including the needs of victims of domestic violence
- replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire or natural disaster
- last-minute travel-related expenses, storage and shipping costs for personal items
- meals and lodging for students who have to remain on campus during unanticipated campus closures
To apply for funding, please send a detailed email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your contact information (name, student ID number, and cellphone number)
- Detailed description of your circumstance, need, financial costs, and whether you need funds in advance or as a reimbursement
- Additional information that may prove useful for the committee to know to best assist you
An appointed committee will review your application within 5-10 business days and provide an answer via email.