Accommodative Services' Testing Center is committed to assisting students and faculty by providing a distraction limited testing space and overall optimal testing environment for eligible students.
The Testing Center provides exam administration services to students with approved testing accommodations. Specifically, the Testing Center offers a distraction limited environment (DLE) and extended time (typically 1.5x, and occasionally 2x, regular exam length) for written exams for students who are DLE approved.
The Testing Center can administer exams for up to 16 students. White noise machines and noise canceling headphones are available. Seating includes carrels and tables. Seats are available on a first reserved, first served basis.
Faculty are encouraged to provide approved testing accommodations within their departments when possible because doing so often allows for easier access to faculty during exams should a student have questions; however, the Testing Center is available as an alternative resource for eligible students.
Other testing services provided to eligible students:
- Laptops (Internet disabled) for essay exams administered in the Testing Center
- Exam scribing services
To start the scheduling process, students or faculty can email email@example.com.
Testing Center Quick Links
Testing Center Responsibilities
The Testing Center will:
- work with eligible students and faculty to schedule exams
- send confirmation of the scheduled exam date, time, location, and duration to students and faculty via email
- monitor exam administration
- maintain test security -- all exams will be locked in a safe location until administration
- ensure that Testing Center exam policies and procedures, as well as faculty exam instructions, are followed
- email faculty when a student has completed an exam
- return completed exams to faculty in accordance with faculty instructions
- Testing Center staff will NOT rephrase, explain or interpret exam directions or exam questions
FAQ for Students
Testing Center Exam Administration Agreement (for students)
Testing Center Exam Day Procedures
Testing Center FAQ for Faculty
- Testing Center Scheduling Form (for Faculty)
- Testing Center Policies and Procedures