House Managers play a very important role with Fraternity and Sorority Life, and within their respective chapters. House Mangers are responsible for their Union College Fraternity/Sorority Chapter house. We rely on them to maintain the appearance, function, and safety of the house on campus, as well as to help create a sense of shared responsibility and community within the house. House Managers are the first to move in and the last to leave the house at the start and end of each term to assist in opening and closing the house. House Managers are expected to remain at Union until the day following Commencement.
- Must maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Not currently involved in any open judicial cases/ not currently fulfilling sanctions.
- Attend and participate in Fall training
- Return the day the Greek houses open both Winter and Spring term
- Remain on campus each term until the Greek houses have officially closed and all closing requirements
Prior to Upperclassmen Move-in there are several tasks that must be completed in order to present the Chapter house as a healthy and welcoming space to members and their parents as they arrive. These spaces are also your responsibility throughout the year. House Managers are required to manage following:
Compensation for this position is contingent upon satisfactory completion of assigned duties, as well as an end of term evaluation of satisfactory or better.
- Stipend will be distributed in bi-weekly increments totaling $1,300 for the academic year.
- Deductions will be made to your check if you are not fulfilling your responsibilities. (You will be properly notified if occurs.)