Fraternity and Sorority Life

Housing FAQs

If I am a member of a Greek organization, do I have to live in the house?

Yes. Members of Greek Organizations sign a housing contract. This contract obligates members to live in their fraternity/sorority house for a minimum of 3 terms in order to help the chapter meet the minimum occupancy standards.

Is there an RA in my Greek house?

There is not an RA; however, each Greek house has a House Manager. A House Manager is a member of the chapter and an employee of the Fraternity and Sorority Life Office. They are responsible for the administrative functions of the house, as well as ensuring its up-keep and safety. They act as a liaison between the Fraternity and Sorority Life Office, Campus Safety, Facilities, and other campus partners.

Are Greek houses included in room and board?

Yes. All Greek houses are considered on-campus housing and are covered through your comprehensive fee.

Where are Greek houses located on campus?

There are eleven Greek houses located on campus. Several are located on “Greek Row,” which is on Lenox Road. Additionally, there are fraternities within residence halls, located in Davidson and Fox House. We also have a house located on Seward Place and on off Nott Street.

Are all Greek organizations provided with housing on campus?

No. Chapters without housing can apply for the opportunity if a house becomes available.

Is there a cleaning service?

Greek houses are cleaned and maintained similar to other residential spaces on-campus; the Union College Facilities staff cleans bathrooms and common spaces daily!

Who has access to the Greek houses?

Members of the Greek Organization will have keycard access to the house. Additionally, the house is accessed by cleaning staff, Campus Safety, Fraternity and Sorority Life, in order to ensure consistent safety in the space.