- Align your personal passions with your academic and professional pursuits.
- Connect with alumni in all fields through the Union Career Advisory Network (UCAN)
- Write effective cover letters and resumes.
- Power up your business etiquette, interviewing, and job search skills.
- Meet potential employers at campus career and internship fairs and other employer alumni events.
The Career Center’s GarnetGrove platform increases interaction between and among students, alumni, parents, faculty, and community leaders. GarnetGrove fosters communities around existing student and alumni groups. Moreover, through technology, we have created and are currently positioning specific engagement opportunities for international students, academic divisions, housing communities, alumni associations, and athletics. GarnetGrove also builds communities around DEI work and a network for regional stakeholders (local municipalities, chambers of commerce and businesses) to contribute to both student and alumni professional development while providing a pipeline of talent to local enterprises
What can you do in GarnetGrove as a Union Alum:
- Help uncover potential career paths for students.
- Participate in industry related affinity groups and discussions.
- Post internships and job opportunities for students.
- Conduct mock interviews and provide resume tips.
- One on one chat and video messaging mentorship capabilities.
Why should students use GarnetGrove?
- GarnetGrove offers affinity groups within the platform to assist both students and alumni to engage with each other over shared interests
- Review and apply to internships and job opportunities posted by Union alumni
- Learn more about potential careers in a variety of industries that you are interested in by connecting with alumni
- Connect and network with alumni and student peers who share your background and interests
- Pose general questions to the community on discussion boards about topics reverent to the world of work
- Participate in UReady, our 10-step career readiness accelerator
- Enjoy articles, stories and resources related to cutting-edge trends, skill sets and competencies
Schedule appointments with Career Advisors through Handshake.
Union College Alumni who graduated between June 2015 - June 2023 are eligible to schedule appointments via Handshake. Alumni appointment availability opened October 2, 2023. If you have questions about accessing Handshake or appointment availability please email email@example.com.
BOOK A QUIET SPACE FOR AN INTERVIEW OR NETWORKING CALL
Students can reserve a room for an interview or networking call during business hours. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a room for use during business hours. Or, schedule a space on campus through 25Live: RCC 204, 301 or 410 in Reamer Campus Center, and if available, Minerva seminar rooms and Karp classrooms. We encourage you to place a "Do not disturb" sign on the door.
EMPLOYER/ALUMNI INFO SESSIONS & RECRUITING EVENTS IN HANDSHAKE
Employer/Graduate School representatives and Alumni will be presenting both virtual and in-person sessions to engage with students, share recruiting techniques, and tips about their hiring processes.
WORKSHOPS & PROGRAMS
Take advantage of Career Education and Professional Development workshops happening in our office. See the schedule in Handshake.
CAMPUS WIDE PROGRAM REQUEST FORM
Request Career Center staff to present a workshop/event for your group- Program Request Form Link
Big Interview is our free, virtual training tool that helps you learn and practice your interviewing skill