The Career Center’s GarnetGrove platform increases interaction between and among students, alumni, parents, faculty, and community leaders. GarnetGrove fosters communities around existing student and alumni groups. Moreover, through technology, we have created and are currently positioning specific engagement opportunities for international students, academic divisions, housing communities, alumni associations, and athletics. GarnetGrove also builds communities around DEI work and a network for regional stakeholders (local municipalities, chambers of commerce and businesses) to contribute to both student and alumni professional development while providing a pipeline of talent to local enterprises
Alumni on GarnetGrove
We invite all Union College Alumni to join GarnetGrove (powered by PeopleGrove):
GarnetGrove is Union's new career and mentorship platform that will serve to enhance the connection between students and alumni and improve the mentorship process. We hope to empower current students to take charge of their career development by providing access to experience mentors and valuable resources.
To create your GarnetGrove account use this link. You may select "Continue with LinkedIn" or "Sign up with Email" and then identify as “Alumni” as your relation to Union. You will receive a confirmation email when we approve the account and then you can join in any affinity group(s) to begin discussions or chime in on topics already posted (Groups can be found under the 'Connect' drop down).
What can you do in GarnetGrove as a Union Alum:
- Help uncover potential career paths for students.
- Participate in industry related affinity groups and discussions.
- Post internships and job opportunities for students.
- Conduct mock interviews and provide resume tips.
- One on one chat and video messaging mentorship capabilities.
Students on GarnetGrove
Activating your GarnetGrove account is easy, as you already have an account created with your Union email. All you have to do to activate your account is visit union.peoplegrove.com and log in by selecting "Sign-in with Okta." In your MyApps the app will appear as "GarnetGrove."
Once you log in you will receive a few prompts to complete your profile. One of these steps includes linking your account with your LinkedIn profile. We suggest taking this step, as it GarnetGrove will import your information directly from LinkedIn!
Why should students use GarnetGrove?
- GarnetGrove offers affinity groups within the platform to assist both students and alumni to engage with each other over shared interests
- Review and apply to internships and job opportunities posted by Union alumni
- Learn more about potential careers in a variety of industries that you are interested in by connecting with alumni
- Connect and network with alumni and student peers who share your background and interests
- Pose general questions to the community on discussion boards about topics reverent to the world of work
- Participate in UReady, our 10-step career readiness accelerator
- Enjoy articles, stories and resources related to cutting-edge trends, skill sets and competencies