New Student Academic Planning Guide

Pre-Matriculation Credit

A matriculating first-year student can transfer in a maximum of six course credits to use towards graduation credit requirements through any combination of Advanced Placement (AP) examinations, the International Baccalaureate Program (IB), or college courses taken at other post-secondary institutions. Credit can be granted for similar high-level examinations from other countries, such as A-level examinations, in consultation with academic departments (references to AP and IB examinations below should be understood to apply to approved examinations from other countries as well.) Aside from AP and IB courses, Union College will consider granting credit for a course taken while the student is enrolled in high school only if the course is taken on the campus of the college or university offering the course, the course is available for enrollment by the students of that college or university, and the final grade is a C or better. Students must elect a more advanced course if they study in a department in which credit has been granted. Repetition of work for which credit has been granted will not be permitted. Please note: Online courses are not eligible for transfer credit.

Students cannot apply pre-matriculation credits to the Complex Questions: Global Challenges & Social Justice curriculum.

Here is a comprehensive list of AP examinations and credits.