Health Professions

Application Process

Do I need a committee letter?

Students planning to apply to doctoral programs in dentistry, medicine (MD/DO), optometry, physical therapy, pharmacy, or podiatry usually need a committee letter, which is written by the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) at Union College. Candidates are reviewed by the committee based on the individual applicant’s timeline. More information about HPAC and committee letters here.

Students applying to other health professions graduate programs apply on their own without a committee letter. Union’s Health Professions Office is available to advise you as you prepare for your application. The application timeline is usually driven by the individual professional school application services.