Appointments are needed for all services provided by Health Services (except for medication pick-ups). Well visits are available Monday-Friday 9 am-noon. Sick visits are available Monday-Friday 1 pm-4:30 pm. (Health Services is closed daily from 12 pm-1 pm). Call (518) 388-6120 to schedule an appointment.
**When you arrive at Wicker for your appointment, please Ring the Doorbell and wait for a nurse to escort you into the building.**
- Late Arrivals: Students who arrive ten minutes (or more) late for an appointment will be asked to reschedule.
- No Show Fee for Angela Stefanatos, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner: Unless an appointment is canceled at least 24 hours in advance, a no show fee of $30 will be billed to students' tuition.
- No Show Fee for Diane Pietrocarlo, Registered Dietician: Unless an appointment is canceled at least 24 hours in advance, a no show fee of $30 for Individual Sessions will be billed to students' tuition.
- No Show Fee for a routine GYN visit: Unless an appointment is canceled at least 24 hours in advance, a no show fee of $30 will be billed to students' tuition.
- Term Abroad Physicals: There is a $25 fee for the physical to be performed. In addition, unless the appointment is canceled at least 24 hours in advance, we are unable to reschedule a TA physical, due to the high demand of this service. Any Term Abroad Physical not canceled 24 hours in advance will be charged a $30 no show fee.
- Students Only: Only currently enrolled undergraduate students are eligible to make appointments. We're sorry, but we cannot treat faculty or staff.
The Wicker Wellness Center does not write notes excusing students from academic/extracurricular responsibilities. Students who are ill/injured should make an appointment to be treated (which creates a record of documentation), and should communicate directly with professors about class absences. Professors can call the Wicker Wellness Center to verify a student was ill (confidential information will not be shared). We will notify the Dean of Students Office of cases in which a student is too ill to attend class, and in turn the Dean of Students will notify professors.
Clearance for transport
Students who have a medical condition requiring temporary transportation to classes should contact the Wicker Wellness Center (be prepared to provide medical records if necessary). Once a student is cleared for transport, we will contact Campus Safety to set up the temporary transportation.
Medical services are confidential by law. Students who wish to have confidential records communicated to a third party (parents, other providers, etc.) must sign a Release of Confidential Information consent form.
**Rare exceptions to this policy include: life threatening situations, when we are served with a court order to release information, or when we are required to release information by law (e.g. to report child or elder abuse).**
In case of a life-threatening emergency contact Campus Safety at (518) 388-6911.
If you have a medical emergency, contact Health Services at (518) 388-6120 or one of the local emergency contacts listed on our homepage.
Emergency Transportation: For emergency transportation, or transportation needed due to illness/injury, call Campus Safety. Campus Safety will contact local ambulances/paramedics as needed or will provide transportation to the Wicker Wellness Center or local hospitals.
As part of the Union College Health Requirements, students must provide the Wicker Wellness Center with their health insurance information (this is done through the Student Health Portal ). Due to the fact that not all private health insurance plans offer coverage for out-of-network medical services, students have the option to enroll in a student health insurance plan. Enrollment in student health insurance is automatic and will appear on the student account statement along with the Fall term bill in July. If students do not wish to enroll in the student health insurance plan, they will need to waive enrollment online at https://www.haylor.com/college/union-college/ The type of health insurance a student has will not affect his/her ability to be seen at the Wicker Wellness Center.
**Students who fail to complete the online waiver by Student Account's deadline of August 2, 2020 will automatically be enrolled in the student health insurance plan and will be responsible for the cost.**
All newly admitted students and transfer students must comply with Union College's immunization policy.
Students seeking a medical leave must make an appointment to be seen at the Wicker Wellness Center in order to obtain clearance from our director. Once cleared, our director will contact the Dean of Students.
- Temporary Medical Singles: Students who have a medical condition requiring a temporary medical single room should contact the Wicker Wellness Center (please be prepared to provide medical records if necessary).
- Permanent Medical Singles: Students who have a medical condition requiring a permanent medical single room must contact Residential Life.
Students seeking special living accommodations for medical reasons must contact Residential Life.