If you are receiving financial aid from the College and are interested in a work-study position in the Chemistry Department, please contact the Chemistry Department's Administrative Assistant. Students work in the stockroom, the main chemistry office, and with the Instrumentation Specialist. The Chemistry Department also occasionally has paid positions available for students who are not eligible for work-study assignments, including tutoring positions.
Chemistry Department work-study jobs:
- General office work including: filing, typing, faxing, copying, etc.;
- On campus errands including deliveries and pickups;
- Maintain copiers in all chemistry department locations (make sure copiers have paper and work areas are clean);
- Assist with set up and clean up for department seminars (food, poster boards and easels);
- Post and disperse event fliers.
- Assist setting up and taking down teaching-lab experiments;
- Make various chemical solutions and dilutions;
- Organize and clean glassware;
- Learn the chemical inventory system and barcode new chemicals as they arrive;
- Help professors organize chemical demos when needed;
- Refill solvent container from the materials management suite;
- Refill other consumable products as needed.