Please be sure that your computer is fully updated with all of the latest security patches and updates! Before using the network at Union, you will also be required to have current antivirus software.
- Windows: You can go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to download updates for Windows operating systems. ITS recommends that you enable "Automatic Updates" on your computer. Make sure that "Install updates automatically" is selected and choose a time for the updates to be installed that won't interfere with your computer usage. Here are links to free antivirus programs that Windows users can download and install:
- AVG: http://free.avg.com
- Avira: http://www.free-av.com/
- Avast: http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download
- Microsoft Security Essentials: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201
- Macintosh: You can go to the Apple menu and click on "Software Update" to obtain the newest patches and updates. Here are links to free antivirus programs that Mac users can download and install:
Once you have updated anti-virus software on your machine, you will be able to login to our "union" WiFi and register your device when you arrive on campus.