ITS welcomes you to Union College. Computing services are provided by ITS to assist the Union College community in using technology to do their instructional or research tasks. Here is the information you will need to get started.
These are some of the services ITS provides:
- Union College has partnered with Apogee to provide high-speed internet access through the residential network with 24/7 customer support through MyResNet
- Union Student Technical Assistance Resources (USTAR) Program - provides student computer support, including virus protection, technical support for ITS supported software, troubleshooting basic network problems and help with some hardware issues.
- Documentation for computer resources, including online help facilities and "How to" sheets.
- Public computing facilities available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- High-quality instructional videos are available on LinkedIn Learning covering software, creating and business skills.
- Access to IT research information and webinars utilized by the majority of Fortune 1000 and Global 500 companies is available via the Gartner Group.
It is important to make sure your machine has all of the latest security patches and updates installed before you arrive to campus. If you have any questions on what to do, call the ITS Help Desk at (518) 388-6400 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email accounts are available to all students of Union College in Union's G Suite environment. Email is accessed through the web at Gmail
- First Year students automatically receive their email account in the spring prior to their start at Union.
- Transfer and other students may obtain an account at the ITS offices located in Steinmetz Hall, Room 109. Accounts will be made available within 24 hours after submission of an AFCA (Application for Computer Account) Monday through Thursday. All AFCAs submitted on Friday will be activated the following Monday. This account is effective until graduation for full-time undergraduate students.
- Part-time student accounts are active while students are enrolled in courses.
- Graduating seniors: learn about email policies after graduation.
All students with an email account are also provided with cloud-based network storage (powered by G Suite). The storage can be accessed by logging into Union's G Suite environment at Google and selecting the "Drive" link in the toolbar.