Self Service for Students
Self Service: Students and authorized users are able to view, print and make student account payments all from one site. The Bursar’s Office uses the Self Service portal as the official billing platform for the College. Billing statements are only available electronically using this portal. Billing and payment information is updated daily, and financial aid, miscellaneous charges and student health insurance waivers are updated weekly.
Student Access to Self Service: Students can access Self Service directly at https://selfservice.union.edu/ using their Union College email and password. Once a student has established their account, they should log in and grant parents proxy access to their online student billing and financial aid information.
Additional information about how to use Self Service can be found at Self Service Help.
Proxy access to Self Service
All students are asked to set up authorized Users (Proxies) for Self Service. Students should log in to their Self Service account to grant parent proxy access to Self Service so that they have available to them the online student billing and financial aid information. This process is extremely important as billing is done entirely online.
Under FERPA regulations, the Bursar’s office cannot discuss a student account with anyone who has not been granted proxy access.
Billing and payment information is updated daily and financial Aid and student Health insurance waivers updated weekly. Students and authorized users are able to view, print and make account payments all from one site.
Instructions for students to add Proxy Access to Self Service:
Instructions for adding Proxy Access to Self Service
1. Access Self-Service in one of the following ways:
- via the direct URL https://selfservice.union.edu
- via the Application Dashboard powered by Okta (used to sign into many other applications)
2. Sign in with your usual Union username and password (without the @union.edu)
3. Once you have been signed in and presented with the landing page, select User Options in the left pane.
4. If you need to add a new person for proxy access or make any changes, please complete the Proxy Access Request form, which will be submitted to the Registrar's office.
Instructions for Parents:
- Once you have been granted proxy access, you will receive an email with your User ID. In most cases it will be: last name _ first initial and is case sensitive. (Example: John Smith = smith _ j all lower case). Common last names may involve additional characters in the User ID.
- You will receive a separate email with a temporary password. If you feel you didn’t receive this email, please check your spam folder.
- Log in to Self Service at selfservice.union.edu
- After logging in with your temporary password, you will be prompted to create a new password.
- Select the student account(s) you wish to view and select continue.
- You can view each term separately to verify billing, payments and adjustments.
- Proxy accounts can reset their own password.
- For Self Service questions, call (518) 388-6400 or email email@example.com
Important to know:
- The Bursar’s and Financial Aid offices are unable to grant Self Service access to parents. This access can be granted only by your student. When a password reset is necessary, Proxies can reset their own.
- If you have more than one child attending Union, you may view only the accounts of student(s) who have granted you access.
- If your Self Service account is locked out, it will automatically unlock in 10 minutes.