To ensure your check is posted properly, always include the Student Name and ID # on your check.
Checks should be made payable to: Union College
The mailing address is:
807 Union Street
Schenectady, NY 12308
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Using a secure online payment website, you may authorize an electronic debit from your checking or savings account (U.S. accounts only). There is no service fee and you can control the date that your account is charged.
To make an EFT payment on your Student Account requires:
- Student name and ID number
- Bank account number
- Bank ABA# (9 digit number located on the bottom left corner of your check)
- Payment amount
- Indicate whether it is a checking or savings account
- The date you would like the payment charged to your account
This service is offered in conjunction with the NetPay system, and is available at no cost to you.
Your Student Account will be charged a $25.00 fee for any transaction that is rejected due to insufficient funds
Monthly Payment Plan Options
The Bursars office offers monthly payment plans using Cashnet.
Plans to cover the entire school year:
- 10 Month plan Starts August 1. Must sign up before August 1
- 9 Month plan Starts September 1 Must sign up by September 1
- 8 Month plan Starts October 1 Must sign up by September 1
Plans to cover Winter and Spring terms:
- 5 Month plan Starts January 1 Must be signed up by January 1.
- 4 Month plan Starts February 1 Must be signed up by January 1.
All plans end with the last payment due May 1.
There is a $45 application fee for enrollment but no interest is charged while making payments.
Payments are only accepted via ACH (electronic check).
Once a payment plan is established, it is highly recommended that the student account be reviewed periodically to be sure the plan will have adequate funds to cover the annual student account charges including any incidental charges added to the student account.
The Bursar's office may assist in calculating a payment plan but is not responsible for any payment plan shortages.
International Student Payment Option
- The ability to pay at your local bank in your home currency
- A lower currency exchange rate than most banks or credit cards
- No international wire fees or bank transfer charges
- Payments can be tracked 24 hours a day online
- Instant notification - no follow up required
- Easy one time registration process which makes future payments even easier
Questions about Pay to Study?
Contact the Transfermate Customer Care Team.
Union College accepts wire transfers of U.S. dollars for payment on student accounts. Please contact the Bursar's office for wire instructions.
Financial Aid is applied to the student account after the necessary documentation has been submitted and verified and the student has accepted the aid. If your award(s) is shown as “pending” on the Student Statement after the trimester has begun, please contact the Financial Aid Office to resolve the issue.