What is the breakdown of the Comprehensive Fee?
Annual Tuition Fee $ 56,853
Annual Room Charge $ 7,710
Annual Board Charge $ 6,351
Annual Activity Fee $ 351
Annual House System Fee $ 120
Total Annual Comprehensive Fee $ 71,385
Per Term Tuition $ 18,951
Per Term Room Charge $ 2,570
Per Term Board Charge $ 2,117
Per Term Activity Fee $ 117
Per Term House System Fee $ 40
Total Per Term Comprehensive Fee $ 23,795
How will my Student Account be billed?
Student Account bills are online. Login to Webadvising to view your bill.
Choose Student Account Billing located in the Financial Information tab. Students will be sent an email when there is a scheduled billing date. We will also email parents when we have an email address. Please send an email to Bursar@union.edu if you wish to add an email address for billing notification.
When will my Student Account be billed and what are the payment due dates?
There are seven billing dates each year. Three billing dates for the Comprehensive Fee (Tuition and Fees) and four for the incidental charges on the student account (Bookstore, Dining, Health Services, etc.).
- July 18, 0219 (BILLING DATE)
- August 16, 2019 (PAYMENT DUE DATE)
- September 26, 2019 (BILLING DATE)
- October 10,2019 (PAYMENT DUE DATE)
- November 14, 2019 (BILLING DATE)
- December 13, 2019 (PAYMENT DUE DATE)
- January 20, 2020 (BILLING DATE)
- February 6, 2020 (PAYMENT DUE DATE)
- February 20, 2020 (BILLING DATE)
- March 20, 2020 (PAYMENT DUE DATE)
- April 20, 2020 (BILLING DATE)
- April 30, 2020 (PAYMENT DUE DATE)
- May 18, 2020 (BILLING DATE)
- June 1, 2020 (PAYMENT DUE DATE)
The bills will reflect financial aid awarded to those students. Financial aid is credited to the student account only after all required documentation has been received and approved by the Financial Aid Office.
Charges incurred during the academic year are billed as they are received and will be included in each billing statement. View your bill.
I am having trouble accessing my account to view my bill, who should I contact?
Webadvising access is only available to parents if the student has granted access to their account.
- The User ID is LAST NAME_FIRST INITIAL. eg John Smith = smith_j. Common last names may involve additional characters. eg. John Smith may be smith_j2
- The temporary password was included in the email the parent received notifying them that the student had granted access to the account. Students and Student Accounts can reset parent passwords as needed.
- If your Webadvising Account is Locked Out, it will automatically unlock in 10 minutes.
If you have any problems accessing your account, please contact Student Accounts by phone (518) 388-6106 or by email Bursar@union.edu . Students or the Student Accounts Office can assist you with your username and/or reset your password.
I have viewed my Student Account bill, who should I contact if I have questions?
For general questions regarding the comprehensive fee or payment options, please contact the Bursar's office by phone (518) 388-6106 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have questions about fines or other miscellaneous charges on my bill.
The Bursar's office does not have detailed information regarding incidental charges and is not authorized to adjust or cancel them. If you have questions or concerns regarding such charges, please refer to the following list to determine who to contact for additional information.
- Bookstore Charges: (518) 388-6189
- Dining Services: (518) 388-6424
- Health Services: (518) 388-6120
- Residence Life Damage Charges or Fines: (518) 388-6117
- Parking Fines/Vehicle Charges: (518) 388-6381
- Library Fines: (518) 388-6277
- Athletic tickets/trips/equipment: (518) 388-6284
I have questions about financial aid
Contact the Financial Aid Office by phone at (518) 388-6123 or by email email@example.com
I have questions about international programs
All faculty-led full term abroad programs are charged the comprehensive fee plus a $650 fee which is used to cover the cost of field trips, excursions and international health insurance.
All other full terms abroad and exchange programs are only charged a $50 fee for international health insurance.
The Antwerp and Turkish exchange programs are tuition and international health insurance only. The students are responsible for their room and board while abroad and as a result, their Student Account is credited for the Union room and board charges.
The Lille exchange program is tuition, room and international health insurance.
Mini Terms are generally three-week programs during the summer and winter breaks. The Student Account is charged $3,530 which covers the tuition, room, board, excursions and international health insurance.
What are the penalties for late payment?
- There will be a $100 Late Payment Fee charged to the Student Account
- Students with past due balances will have a financial hold placed on their account
- Students with a financial hold will be prevented from pre-scheduling classes for the next term
- Student applications for terms abroad will not be accepted
- Students may not obtain transcripts and diplomas pending payment in full
- In extreme cases, students may be withdrawn from school
Can I make monthly payments to pay my tuition and fees?
Union College has a monthly payment option administered by Cashnet which allows payments for tuition and fees to be made over a period of time. The plan carries no finance charges, but does require an enrollment fee of $45. To enroll or obtain more information go to Cashnet
Can I pay my tuition and fees with a credit card?
Union College does not accept credit cards for payment of student account fees.
Can I make payment online for my tuition and fees?
Using a secure online website, you may authorize an electronic debit to your checking or savings account (U.S. accounts only).
Can I wire money to pay my tuition and fees?
Union College accepts wire transfers of U.S. dollars for payments on student accounts. Please be sure to include the student's name and ID number on all wires. Wire instructions are provided below.
- Bank Name: Bank of America
- ABA Number for Domestic Wires: 026009593
- ABA Number for ACH Wires: 021000322
- Account Name: Union College Operating Account
- Account Number: 9415802559
- Swift code for US currency: BOFAUS3N
- Swift code for foreign currency: BOFAUS6S
How do I request a refund of a credit balance?
Requests for refunds may be submitted to the Bursar's Office by email Bursar@union.edu.
If the credit is fully or partially due to a Parent Loan or payment made by a parent, a refund check will be issued and mailed to the parent at their home address unless the parent notifies the Student Accounts Office that the check should be forwarded directly to the student. If a credit balance is due to student aid, the refund check will be mailed to the student's box.
- Do I have to purchase the health insurance offered by Union College?
How can I get enrollment verification as required by family health insurance providers and some outside scholarship agencies?
Enrollment verification may be obtained by logging on to Webadvising. Under Academic Profile, select NSC Student Self Service to obtain your certificate of enrollment.
What happens if I have to withdraw from school after the start of the term?
Please contact the Bursar's office by phone (518) 388-6106.
How do I pay for my books?
Students may purchase their books at the Union College Bookstore using cash, check, credit card, or a Bookstore Charge Account. Bookstore charge account transactions are posted to the Student Account semi-monthly.
Bookstore accounts are closed starting May16 for the final incidental billing due on June 1st. At that time, you can still use cash, check, or credit cards for your purchases.
Are banking services available on campus?
There is a full service ATM machine located in the Reamer Campus Center which is owned and operated by Bank of America.
Students can cash checks at the Cashier’s Office at no charge. We cash Union College payroll checks, personal checks, business checks and third party checks from parents or grandparents up to a limit of $250.
Students with on campus jobs are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit. Submit your completed direct deposit form to the Payroll Office in McKean House
The Cashier’s Office is located in McKean House and is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
I will be living in a fraternity /sorority house. Will the bill from Union College include room and board charges?
If the fraternity/sorority house is an on campus residence, you will be billed the comprehensive fee which includes room and board. Union College does not bill for Greek dues or social fees, these are collected by the fraternity or sorority.
What is FERPA?
FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and is a federal law that was enacted in 1974. FERPA protects the privacy of student education records. All educational institutions that receive federal funding must comply with FERPA.
Per FERPA regulations, Students need to grant parents access to their student information before the Bursar's office can discuss their account with a parent. Students grant access thru WebAdvising.
Where can I find more information on Meal Plans?
Please visit Union Hospitality for more information on our meal plans.
What is the additional cost for a term abroad?
You are billed the full comprehensive fee plus the terms abroad fee. Please visit the International Programs office for more information on costs of a term abroad.