The Economics Department provides extra assistance for students taking ECO 101, ECO 241, ECO 242 & ECO 243. Students can choose to attend an open tutoring session (available only for those taking ECO 101) or schedule an individual meeting with a tutor.
ECO 101: Fall '21 Economics Support Center Schedule
Economics Support Center Evening Tutoring Sessions
Time and Days: 7:00-9:00 pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
Beginning 9/23 through 11/18 (week10)
Location: Lippman 100 and Lippman 201 (overflow)
Guidelines for Individual Tutoring
- You need to email one of the tutors listed above to determine a mutually agreeable time and place to meet. Tutoring sessions may be held in a suitable public space on campus (for example—in a Minerva House, a library group study room, or the Campus Center). Be sure to plan ahead—tutors may not be available right away!
- Bring your textbook and your questions with you to the tutoring session.
- Your tutor will fill out a record sheet for each tutoring session indicating your name as well as the time and location of the tutoring sessions. Both you (the tutee) and your tutor must sign this form in order for your tutor to get paid.
Contact Information - Individual Tutors
Director of Economics Support Center
- Shelton Schmidt - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECO 101- Intro to Economics - 4 Sections
- ECO 241- Microeconomic Analysis - 2 Sections
ECO 242- Macro Theory & Policy - 2 Sections
- Course Instructor: Section 01 & 02 - Funda Dogruer
- Dereck Wang email@example.com
- ECO 243- Intro to Econometrics
Want to be a Tutor?
Interested in becoming an Economics tutor? Email Shelton Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details. Make sure to include your full name, ID#, the course(s) that you are interested in tutoring, along with at least one economics faculty reference.