Hazing is strictly prohibited at Union College by this Hazing Policy, the Rules of Public Order, Athletic Code of Conduct, and Greek Recognition Policy (violations of the College policies and the Rules of Public Order constitute a violation of the Union College Code of Student Conduct) as well as New York State law.
Union College is first and foremost an educational institution. College hazing prevention policies and response procedures for hazing incidents are based on that educational mission. Groups that engage in hazing may also be subject to consequences imposed by sponsoring departments (e.g., Athletics, Residential Life, Minerva Programs, Student Forum, etc.). Fraternity and sorority chapters, in concert with or in lieu of College action, may also be subject to national / international organization sanctions.
- Board of Trustee Statement on Membership in a Non-Recognized Fraternity or Sorority
- Fresh Start Organizational Amnesty Policy
- General Definitions and Policy
- Hazing Education & Prevention
- New York State Definitions and Penalties
- Outcomes and Accountability
- Positive Member Activities
- Reports of Hazing