Transfer students may apply to any of our three academic terms. The deadline for fall term applications is April 15. Winter term applications are due by November 1. Spring term applications are due February 1.
We strongly recommend transfer students come to campus and talk with us in person. Your personal interview with one of our Admissions counselors is a way for you to round out your profile and let us learn more about your college interests and goals. We'll also be able to discuss any questions you have about Union.
To be considered for transfer admission, please submit the following:
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Official college or university transcript(s)
- Official high school transcript(s)
- SAT or ACT score report (optional for transfer students with at least one year of full-time study completed at another college or university)
- College Report
- College Instructor Evaluation
- Transfer Mid-Term Report
- Financial Aid Forms (if applicable)
- The TOEFL, IELTS or PTE is required if English is not your first language. If English is the language of instruction at the college or university which you are presently attending, we can waive this requirement.
What we look for
Successful transfer applicants present a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in at least one semester of full-time academic work in courses comparable to those offered at Union College. Consideration is also given to recommendations and personal qualities. In particular, we look for students who can participate enthusiastically and constructively in the life of the College.
Frequently asked questions
For more information, refer to our FAQs For Transfer Students.