Residential Life

Residential Life

For information about Fall 2020 Move-in, click here.

The Office of Residential Life at Union College supports both the mission of the college and that of the division of Student Affairs by providing an inclusive living environment that fosters personal development and cultivates opportunities for student learning that complement the academic curriculum. The residential experience encourages social responsibility, cultural competence, and develops engaged citizens during their time at Union and beyond.

Residential Life will engage students around four core values and will develop skills in these value areas progressively throughout the students’ careers at Union. The four core values and related progression of skills are as follows:

I. Achievement

  • Initiation of goal setting
  • Goal definition
  • Taking action towards goal accomplishment
  • Goal actualization and reflection

II. Citizenship

  • Self-exploration
  • Peer awareness
  • Community membership
  • Global responsibility

III. Engagement

  • Orientation to community
  • Leadership development
  • Ownership/mentorship
  • Transitional ownership

IV. Wellness

  • Awareness of needs
  • Development of healthy habits
  • Ability to anticipate challenges
  • Maintaining balance
Reamer Campus Center

Reamer Campus Center 409

Residential Life

Reamer Campus Center
Schenectady, NY 12308

Fax: (518) 388-6694

Office Hours

Mon - Fri: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Sat - Sun: closed

For 2020-2021 - To comply with Covid-19 safety regulations, please note the following office changes:

  • Only 1 visitor will be allowed in the office at a time.
  • Meetings with professional staff by appointment only.
  • All meetings with more than 2 people will be virtual.
  • Virtual office hours will be posted weekly.