The Journal Entry Form can be used for the following purposes:
- To correct a miscoding of a posted item. Example: a travel reimbursement expense that was erroneously charged to the Office Supplies object code.
- To transfer funds from one account to another. Example: an interdepartmental charge from Dining Services to move funds from a departmental account to Dining Services.
Forms must be downloaded and filled out in Excel. Please follow these guidelines to submit the file:
- Make sure that your debit and credit amounts equal in total.
- Send the file via email to email@example.com and cc the department chair/director of account for both accounts. On the Journal Entry Form there is a box for you to include the justification for the transfer. Detailed backup support must be included with all journal entry requests (e.g. invoice, flyer, email thread, etc.).
- The journal entry must be approved by the reviewer.
For detailed instructions please see the Instructions PDF below.