The Purchasing Office is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services at the best possible value to the College - value being defined as the optimum combination of price, quality, availability, and service.
The Purchasing Office assists the College community by:
- Providing advice, coordination, and support throughout the entire buying process
- Recommending new solutions and business practices to help departments save time and money
- Leveraging the College's purchasing power, obtaining competitive pricing, and creating College-wide contracts
- Ensuring that purchasing decisions are supported with accurate information & analysis
- Maintaining relationships with vendors that serve the College
It is our goal is to provide the best overall value to Union College through responsible management of our financial resources while maintaining a competitive and ethical environment.