Residential Education

Community Advisor Selection

Apply to be a Community Advisor

The Office of Residential Education & Housing is excited to open our 2024 - 2025 Community Advisor Application.

Serving as a Community Advisor at Union College is a rewarding opportunity to gain leadership skills while also joining a team that will expand your network of support. The Office of Residential Education and Housing believes that our Community Advisors make a difference in the lives of our residential students and the Union College community. All students are encouraged to apply to the position. For specific details of the positional responsibilities please view the Community Advisor Job Description.

We will have CAs in the following locations next year:

  • First-year area: Fox House, Richmond House, and West College
  • Upper-class area: College Park Hall, Davidson House, Garnet Commons, and Webster House
  • Minerva Houses: Beuth, Breazzano, Golub, Green, Messa, Sorum, and Wold

Current CAs and those CAs abroad, who have completed at least three full terms of service, will apply through our returning staff process. CAs, who are abroad and left the position before completing three full terms of service, will need to apply through the new CA application.

For any questions about the Community Advisor application please email us at!

Application Timeline

Selection Process for 2024-2025 Academic Year

  • Application Opens - January 17th, 2024
  • Application Closes - January 28th, 2024 at 11:59 pm
    • No late applications will be accepted

Community Advisor Financial Compensation

Each Community Advisor is appointed to their position for a full three term academic year, and receives the following financial compensation for their service:

  • 100% room credit applied to student account for their assigned CA room
  • $3,000 stipend dispersed in line with the college's payroll schedule throughout the academic year
    • Please note that the above stipend is not exempt from any applicable taxes as associated with federal or state law

We strongly encourage any student who are interested in becoming a Community Advisor to consult with the Office of Financial Aid on how potential appointment to the CA role may affect their current financial aid package. The Office of Residential Education and Housing is not able to make changes to a CAs financial compensation based on a student's specific financial aid package.