Welcome class of 2026! The first-year class and transfer students will be welcomed to campus on Saturday, September 3, 2022. There are some alternate move-in dates for fall pre-season athletes, international students and those participating in a pre-orientation program.
[NOTE: Housing portal move-in times will be live by mid-July]
Students may select their own arrival time. To do so, just log into your housing portal and where you see your housing assignment listed, you will see a link to a dropdown menu which will allow you to select your arrival time. Arrival times have been staggered to reduce congestion and help for a smoother overall experience for all. Please plan to arrive to campus during your assigned arrival window.
- Sat., Sept. 3, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - General first-year/transfer move-in
- Wed., Aug. 31, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Pre-orientation participant move-in
- Sun.-Tue., Aug 28-30 - First-year international students move-in*
- Mon., Aug. 29, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Golf, Men's and women's tennis pre-season athlete move-in**
- Mon., Aug 22, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Cross-country, Field hockey pre-season athlete move-in**
- Thu., Aug. 18, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - men's and women's soccer, volleyball pre-season athlete move-in**
- Wed., Aug. 10, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Football pre-season athlete move-in**
* = International students will coordinate with the office of International Advising for their arrival and key pickup, do not select a time in the housing portal
** = Pre-season athletes will receive instructions from coaches about where to arrive and pick up keys, do not select a time in the housing portal
What happens on move-in day?
Check in for the residence halls starts at 9 a.m. Saturday, September 3rd. Please sign up for your arrival time in your housing portal. Plan to arrive in the one hour time block you select. When you arrive, you will report to the Memorial Field House (building #62 on the Campus Map). Once there, you will receive your Covid-19 test and then pick up your room key. We will provide maps and instructions on where to go to unload. You will be able to park near your residence hall and unload your vehicle, and then should be prepared to move your vehicle so others can have easy access to unload. Here is a link to help you with move in directions.
Orientation Assistants (OA’s) and Resident Advisors (RA’s) will be on hand to assist with the move-in process. Please be patient as we attempt to give each of you a warm welcome to Union. We encourage you to label all of your belongings with your name, building and room number; masking tape is fine. Our students will be on hand to help you move in and labeling will assist them in getting your items where they need to go.
You may bring family members or friends to assist you with your move. It is preferred that any guests who are assisting you are vaccinated. If guests are unvaccinated, we ask that they wear masks and practice social distancing when indoors. If you or any guest who is assisting you are not feeling well, have been exposed to a positive Covid-19 individual or have tested positive for Covid-19 immediately prior to the move-in date, we ask you to stay home and/or arrive at a later date.