Enterprise and National Car Rentals
Union College has expanded the relationship with Enterprise and National Car Rentals as part of our continued effort to secure the best price and service from our vendors. Enterprise owns National Car Rental; therefore the benefits apply to both companies.
Travelers should consider renting a compact or standard size automobile when the round trip travel exceeds 200 miles. Also, you may download this Mileage Calculator Excel workbook to help determine if it is better to use a car rental or be reimbursed for mileage on your own car.
NOTE: This benefit applies to only Faculty, Staff, and Administrators and not Students.
Due to our participation in the Educations & Institutional Cooperative Purchasing Consortium (E&I); we are able to expand the benefits including:
- Free membership in the Frequent Renter program, known as "The Emerald Club" which streamlines the pickup and return process. You will bypass the counter and choose your own car. When returning the vehicle, you will not need to wait for a receipt as receipts will automatically be emailed within 24 hours of the return of a rental.
- Emerald Club members will earn credits toward a Free Rental day.
- The program includes insurance; therefore employees should not purchase additional coverage.
- Added fees for drivers between the ages of 21-25 will be waived.
- Additional insurance is unnecessary and therefore an unallowable expense.
The Union College account code XZ24B51 MUST be used for all bookings with Enterprise and National. The benefits are for business use only and as such should be paid with your college credit card.
In order to receive the Emerald Club benefits, you must be enrolled in the program. The application is online and will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. The link to join is here
Please contact Purchasing at email@example.com or (518) 388-6630 with any questions. You can also contact our local account representative, Eric Konzelman at Eric.J.Konzelman@ehi.com.